Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I am trying to scan with my old mg5320 printer, I do not

Customer Question

I am trying to scan with my old mg5320 printer, I do not have
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: mg5320 a few years old no orginal cd for printer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none at this point. i might need mp navigator ?
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Are yo using a Mac or Windows PC ?

If Windows, what version of Windows are you using ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Yes, you need MP Navigator to scan from your Printer. Go to this link ->

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/mg5320

Then click on Software tab in that page and download MP Navigator EX Ver. 5.0.2 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)

or download it from here --> http://ow.ly/GRrd301hAoU

After downloading the software, open it and follow the onscreen instructions. This will install latest printer and scanner drivers and software. Now you will see an application named MP Navigator on your computer. Open it and that application will allow you to scan.

You can also use Windows' Scan app to scan. Click on Start and select Scan app (you can search Scan on the searchbox at bottom left or top right to find it easily). Open it and it will allow you to scan.

The scanned files will be stored on your Pictures or Documents folder.

(The above instructions are for Windows. If you are using Mac, please let me know)

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you