John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

CANON MF4890 DW SCANNING AND FAXING does not scan well

Customer Question

cANON MF4890 DW SCANNING AND FAXING does not scan well enough for printing the document. There is a setting somewhere that fixes this. It may be called enhanced printing. I cannot remember how to find the setting that fixes this. It may be in the mf tools menu perhapos not.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It has done this before, and after weeks of searching I found a setting for this. I have just done a clean windows install on this computer, so now it does not remember that setting. This computer may be 5 years old. Dell XPS The Printer may have been purchased around the same time. Was on Win 8 now on 1
0
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The techncion may just remember where the check box for enhanced print is hidden.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. I understand that you have recently upgraded your computer operating system. Because of this, it is now necessary to uninstall your printer software and reinstall new drivers for your hardware.

Expert:  JKalman replied 5 months ago.

I can assist you with this. If it is not done properly, you will not get a clean installation. The computer will simply find the old software and reinstall it, causing the problem to persist. Afterwards, we can look for the enhanced printing setting, if it has not already been selected.