Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My HP premium pro 3 in 1 printer prompt says to clear paper

Customer Question

My HP premium pro 3 in 1 printer prompt says to clear paper jam but there is no paper jam and the ink Cartrige tray is stuck on right side of printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets try this. Open the machine like you are going to change the ink tanks.

Now, with the machine open. Turn it off and unplug it from power, then hold down the power button and keep holding the power bu tton while you plug the printer back in.

Now, watch the ink carriage, does it make a full sweep from right to left and back again, or doe sit make a clicking or grinding or other noise and refuse to move?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also have prompt to Clear carriage jam--
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Did you try the above steps, as my main concern is the carriage being jammed, hence the reason I told you to watch it and listen for any sounds it made , an d then report back to me.

Here is my previous reply again,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The ink carriage moves apprx 1/2 " and then locks back up
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Understood, and my apologies for the delay.

What we need to do is one, inspect as closely as you can the path of travel of the ink carriage. Look for debris, or bent rails, or any broken or out of place pieces that might be obstructing the printhead / carriage.

If you dont see anything, then try to grab the carriage and slowly but firmly force the carriage to the left. If we can get it to make a half or full pass to the left, that might break it free of the jam its in or get the motor back on track.

Let me know if your able to get it to move, and if you are. Then unplug the machine and then plug it back in and turn it on and see if the carriage will now move on its own.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.