Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have an HP 4632 printer and a Windows 10 laptop. The

Customer Question

I have an HP 4632 printer and a Windows 10 laptop. The laptop sees the printer but when I go through the wizard to connect the printer wirelessly the HP Wizard tells me that the printer cannot be connected. I have run the HP Print and Scan Doctor twice and both times it has told me that the necessary software is not installed. Ive installed the software through the HP Print and Scan Doctor both times and I still receive the same error.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Was this printer working previously with this same windows 10 computer, or is this the first time you have tried to use that printer since installing or upgrading to wi ndows 10?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is the first time
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Understood.. Would you like me to connect to your windows 10 computer from here and fix the issue on screen, and in person? If so, we can set that up via a secure remote connection. That connection is guaranteed meaning if I cant fix the issue, you will be entitled to a full refund.

Ill send that offer now, once accepted I will send the connection steps. Or if you would prefer just written support, reject the offer and we can continue with written support only.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. Just tell me the solution and I can try and do it my self. If I cannot follow the detailed instructions you provide me then Ill consider having you do it remotely.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Ok, first things first.

Go to your devices and printers page.. And then right click any copies of HP printers that match your 4600 series.

Once all are uninstalled.. Go to this page

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-4630-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5305049/model/5395749

Download the full featured software and driver from december 2015 on that page.

Once downloaded, open the file and run it.. That will start the process of installing the printer and all its software.

It should also walk you through installing the printer.. Let me know if this fails, and if so exactly where it fails so I can assist you.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The exact same thing happened. I downloaded the drivers, ran the wizard, choose the printer that I wanted to install, and then the wizard said it could not connect to the printer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Ok, instead of running the connection doctor..

Instead, view this page and on the printers control panel, follow Step 2 on this page to manually connect the printer to the network

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01977637-26

Once you have connected the printer manually to the network.. try adding the printer again using the setup wizard on the computer, or by opening devices and printers, clicking add printer and then choosing the printer.

Does that work, if not exactly where do you get stuck?

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know that software is the answer. I think that it may be a connection issue. I sent a ping request to the IP that is provided during the connection wizard process and the request timed out.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Did you try manually adding the printer to the network , like I suggested in the last message?

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I was just reading through that but it is not going to solve the communication issue with the printer. If I cant ping the printer then I cant send requests to it. No software is going to resolve that issue. Is it possible that the AV software I am using has blocked a port that I need to communicate to the printer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It also be worth knowing that I can print from my iPad.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Ahh.. if you can print from the ipad.. Then you are right.. It isnt a software issue.

It could be your antivirus blocking connections. Id try completely disabling it or temporarily uninstalling it to see. Or, it may be that you dont have network or printer sharing turned on for your network.

Also, is the computer connected to the same exact wireless network as the printer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I may try disabling the AV. Its connected to the same network and if printer sharing were not turned on then I wouldn't be able to print from the iPad, right?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm done with this. We are returning the printer. Thanks
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Thats your choice.. If you decide to continue, we can always go into remote support as this is clearly a settings or firewall issue on your computer itself ( since the ipad can print )

D.S