John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Problem with my Canon MP150 which was fine 6 hrs ago. I was

Customer Question

Problem with my Canon MP150 which was fine 6 hrs ago. I was getting an error (E) message and alarm light was on. Now it seems to be normal, no E message, alarm light not on, but it just wont print. Any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Does it not respond at all?
Output a blank page?
What specific error message was it giving?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It was showing an E message in the window but now it seems normal. Just a number 1 in the window and alarm light is off. But when I try to print, nothing happens.
Everything was fine 6 hrs ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Can you make a copy from the glass?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know what that means - copy from glass. Please stop upping the cost and give me some useful help.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not getting help from Nathan and if my credit card is charged I will ask VISA to deny it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nathan, are you still there? I'm waiting for help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Yes, I'm here, please send only a single response. When you send multiple messages you get lost in the queue and delayed further.

I am asking you to make a photocopy, on the machine itself not printing from the computer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not understand what you are asking me to do, when you wrote:
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

The canon is capable of making a copy.

It can scan, it can print, etc.

Lift the lid a the top of the printer, there is the glass for the scan and copy functions.

Put a document face down,

press the COPY button, then the BLACK/Start button to make a copy.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I gave up on this scam an hour ago. Don't u dare charge my card!
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

That is not how it works.

You've paid the full agreed upon amount to post your question and communicate with me here.

I'm simply trying to help you, but require some information to do so, and am asking you to use one of the basic functions of your printer to test and help us to isolate the cause of the problem so it can be properly addressed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My scanner doesn't work so that's no help at all. Let's face it , you couldn't solve my problem and I regret getting involved with you
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

With all due respect, I don't have a magic wand. I've repeatedly attempted to engage in a conversation with you, to get details, ask you to do things, back and forth. This is a process, not an instant fix. I could most certainly reach a resolution with you, but again would have to work with you and communicate with you to do such.

The scanner has nothing to do with this, I am simply asking you to test a copy, to determine if the printer will function in that scenario, or if it gives another error there as well. With that information, I can then provide a diagnosis and recommendations to resolve.