Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I am getting the following error message when I attempt to

Customer Question

I am getting the following error message when I attempt to scan: 8, [(8, 101, 0)]
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hp officejet 6310 all-in-one, about 10 years old?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The documents are scanned, there is a message saying they are going to my scan directory, but the scan images are not there.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Not at this time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have Windows 10. Processor: i7-4770 ***@******.*** Ghz. 64-bit OS
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Thank you.

And would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly? If so, we can accomplish this via a secure remote connection. Ill send that offer now, once accepted I will send the connection steps.

Other wise, reject the offer and we can continue via written support alone.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not want to remotely connect.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Understood.

Then lets start here, download the HP print and scan doctor from this page

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861

Once downloaded, open and run the scan doctor and see if it can fix the issue.. If it gets an error or cant fix the issue, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well, we're half way there. It scans one page only, then I get the same error message.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

When the scan doctor ran.. Did it have you download and install the newest full featured driver and utility package for the printer?

Also, is your computer connected directly to the printer via a USB cord, or are you using USB hub or a networked printer connection?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It said I had the latest driver. The printer is connected to the computer with a USB cord.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Ok, what program are you using to scan with specifically?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am using the HP supplied software. To initiate a scan I press the scan button on the printer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Aha.. Thats not always reliable on windows 10.

And probably why you are getting the error. Id suggest scanning from the windows scan and fax tool, and you wont get any further errors.

Or, install the HP scan and capture app for windows 10, and that may help the computer wake and accept the scan input when you use the scan button on the printer itself. You can get the windows 10 HP scan app here

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04675206

Dustin S.

Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Hello again, I havent heard back from you in a few days.

Did you still need help with this issue, or did my suggestion help fix the problem?

Dustin S