John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have upgraded to W10 and trying to connect my HP c7280

Customer Question

I have upgraded to W10 and trying to connect my HP c7280 Photosmart all-in-one printer. The printer is showing a 0xc18a0306 ink system error.
Can the printer be fixed?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is***** you get the error message on the printer screen ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the cartridges and reinsert them and let me know, what happens.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have already tried this.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Same error.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Forget it I'll check how resolved myself.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Ok, please let me know, what you have tried so far, so that I can skip those steps, as it is not possible for me to know, what you have tried.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will look up blogs myself. thanks
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. After you upgrade to Windows 10, you must uninstall your printer software and download and install the latest drivers from the official HP website. Also, you need to use official HP replacement ink cartridges to avoid this error. ARe you using official HP replacement cartridges of the correct type for your printer?

You may think that you can solve this problem without assistance from an expert, but, unless you are an expert yourself, you may think that you are doing the installation correctly, when, in fact, you may not be.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I fixed it myself last night. thanks

You are welcome. I am glad that you have resolved your problem. And thank you for choosing Just Answer.