WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX510 that is displaying

Customer Question

I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX510 that is displaying "printer error see your documentation and call service if necessary". If I switch it off and back on again it makes a short rough noise as if something is jammed. I have has it quite a few years and use it often. David.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The model is a Photo RX510, and it could be 10 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: No, can't think of anything.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 7 months ago.

Sometimes the rollers become dirty and cause the paper to slip. This can cause the paper not to pick up or even cause a paper jam because the sensors do not see the paper pass in a certain amount of time.

To fix the problem, unplug the printer power cable. Open the covers and remove any cartridges and look for loose paper. Use tweezers to pull the paper out or the eraser end of a pencil to move the rollers and get to the paper. Then use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well.

Then plug the printer power back in try to print.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 7 months ago.

if the noise continues and the error code continues as well, then the issue is a hardware issue.

The noise would be a broken gear that causes the error. This would mean that the part would need to be replaced and much more cost effective to purchase a new printer.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you need additional help so I can assist further.

Also, please rate my answer below so I can get credit for my work.

Thank you.