John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

My new Pixma MX922 cannot be started! It hangs up during the

Customer Question

My new Pixma MX922 cannot be started! It hangs up during the startup after ink installation. Disappoihnting!!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

When you say it hangs during installation. Can you be more specific. How does it hang or freeze?

Do you see any error messages on the printer or computer, please provide as much detail as you can.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.