Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

I am trying to print photos and I have selected the size,

Customer Question

I am trying to print photos and I have selected the size, paper, etc. on my computer but the photo comes out on a 4x6 sheet vertically and just a part of the picture I wish to print.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: canon MG8120 old - five years or more?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't tried any troubleshooting. I have never had this problem before. I thought maybe it was a setting on the printer itself and not the computer??
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't know enough to know what more he needs to know.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you know when I will be contacted?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think the problem may be in your settings, in your printer's driver settings or the program's Printing settings.
You may have chosen the wrong Paper Size, and gotten a 4 x 6 print onto an 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet, for instance.

You may not have chosen the right orientation: Landscape, where the top side of what is printed is toward the broader side of the paper, versus Portrait (normal orientation for text prints anyway) where the top of what is printed is toward the narrow side of the paper.

Perhaps I don't have a clear picture of the problem. You could post a scanned image of what happened to your Reply, if you like.