Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I have a canon PIXMA 2900 series printer, but even with docs

Customer Question

I have a canon PIXMA 2900 series printer, but even with docs and disc, have not learned the procedures for copying items, or getting items scanned into the computer. can you aid me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Are you using an Apple Mac or Windows PC ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a Lenovo g50 labtop with windows 10.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, In am using the canon PIXMA 2940, with the laptop described above.
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info. To do copies without computer, all you have to do is, load the paper, put the document on the scanner and click the Black or Color button once. This will make a copy instantly. Let me know if this is not working.

To scan to your computer, follow the steps below;

Step 1 :

First download and install latest drivers for your printer, on your computer from here --> http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg2940.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=Windows%2010%20(64-bit)

Download the -- > MG2900 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)

After downloading the driver, open it and follow the onscreen instructions. This will install latest printer and scanner drivers and software. You can ignore this step if you already installed the printer on your computer using the disc came with it.

Step 2 :

You will see Canon Scan or Canon application on your computer's start menu. Open it and follow the instructions to scan.

You can also use Windows' Scan app to scan. Click on Start and select Scan app (you can search Scan on the searchbox at bottom left to find it easily). Open it and it will allow you to scan.

The scanned files will be stored on your Pictures or Documents folder.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you