WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician

My canon pima ip 90 printer stop printing I believe that

Customer Question

my canon pima ip 90 printer stop printing I believe that there may be paper stuck in side the green and orange light keep flashings and the ink cartridge assembly makes a loud noise on the right side going left about quarter of the way
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: never
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I was living in a mountainess area with lots fine dust and it even affected my bose cd player
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how can you connect to my device ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think the orange light means that it out of paper so I put in paper but i the light stay on and the printer keep making this awful noise . before i moved to mountains t my printer was working perfect
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 4 months ago.

Sometimes the rollers become dirty and cause the paper to slip. This can cause the paper not to pick up or even cause a paper jam because the sensors do not see the paper pass in a certain amount of time.

To fix the problem, unplug the printer power cable. Open the covers and remove any cartridges and look for loose paper. Use tweezers to pull the paper out or the eraser end of a pencil to move the rollers and get to the paper. Then use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well.

Then plug the printer power back in try to print.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 4 months ago.

If the loud noise continues, then the problem is a broken gear and will need to be repaired or repalced.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you need additional help so I can assist further.

Also, please rate my answer below so I can get credit for my work.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I found what the problem is , it a white plastic gear on the left side that's driven by the main motor on the back left side it's has a crack gear need to replace it . I just need the name of someone that can repair it have any one that I can contact ?
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 4 months ago.

Look for a nearby place in the yellow pages for "printer repair" and make sure they fix small printers.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 4 months ago.

The cost to fix might be a little high. Get an estimate first.

It might be more cost effective to purchase a new printer with warranty.