Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

My paper jam is causing great problems, as I 't know how to

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. My paper jam is causing great problems, as I don't know how to lift the rollers to release the stuck paper. I have an ESP3 Kodak all in one printer. Inside the machine there is a Kodak Service No T880073 My name is*****
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kodak is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'd say 4 years? Not sure. Could I send you a photo on this chat?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Lifting the upper part which exposes the cartridges. Then used tweezers to try to extract the crumpled bit, but a quarter of an A4 page is still jammed in the roller
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. Thank you Pearl. I do hope he can solve it
!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Please check the printer on the back. If there is a door remove it and check for jammed paper.

Manually clear the paper jam.

1. Pull the paper tray all the way out until the paper guide flips up on the right side.
  2. Remove the paper from the paper tray.
  3. Turn off your printer.
  4. Wait 30 seconds, then disconnect the following from the back of your printer:
    • AC power cord
    • USB cable
  5. Remove the cleanout assembly from the rear cleanout area.
    1. Gently press and hold the tab on the left side of the cleanout assembly. : http://www.kodak.com/global/images/en/service/printers/aio/troubleshooting/p310_0036aa.jpg
    2. Carefully pivot the left side of the cleanout assembly toward you to remove it. IMPORTANT: If the cleanout assembly is not installed and seated correctly, paper jam or paper tray empty errors may occur.
  6. Check the inside of your printer for a paper jam. If necessary, slowly pull the jammed paper from your printer.
  7. If paper is not visible, check your printer for foreign objects, such as paper clips or staples. If necessary, carefully remove the foreign objects from your printer.
  8. Install the cleanout assembly.
  9. Open the printer access door.
  10. Remove any foreign objects from your printer, then close the printer access door.
  11. Connect the following to the back of your printer:
    • AC power cord
    • USB cable
  12. Wait 30 seconds, then turn on your printer.
  13. Pull the paper tray all the way out until the paper guide flips up on the right side.
  14. Squeeze and move the paper-width guide to the left.
  15. Fan the stack of paper and load it into the paper tray.
  16. Squeeze and move the paper-width guide to the right until it just touches the stack of paper. :http://www.kodak.com/global/images/en/service/printers/aio/troubleshooting/ESP5_load_paper.jpg

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.

Has everything worked out please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the instructions Med. I got the paper out, but now can't replace the back section which I had to remove. Ah ha. Just found a friend who did it for me!! Why does Kodak make it so complicated to remove stuck paper! Thanks for your help. Gaynor.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.

I'm glad to know that the problem has been resolved, It is true that old printers have this difficulties buy the new printers, it is easy to remove stuck paper.

If you have a moment please rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars, positive rating are appreciated

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oh dear! Although I removed the paper - the printer now does not print! Do you know exactly how old that Kodak ESP 3 printer is?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.

It is 8 years old, What is happening when you attempt to print? Are you receiving any type of error message?

Please try this:

1. Turn off your printer.
  2. Wait 30 seconds, then turn on your printer.
  3. Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.

Note : Only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. if you are not satisfied for any reason, please don’t Rate an answer as Bad or Poor Service if you are not satisfied. if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.