Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years

I have a Pantum P2502w printer. Yesterday I had to reflash

Customer Question

I have a Pantum P2502w printer. Yesterday I had to reflash my router's firmware, an ASUS RT-N66r.Since getting the router back up and running I have not been able to get the printer to show up on the router page.I have tried looking up instructions but accessing the Printer to set the connection is beyond me. I did reset the Printer by turning it off and holding cancel button 5 seconds while it came back on.Apparently there is some way to plug in the USB directly into my computer and access the printer menu to setup up new passwords and apply the WPS password ***** it will connect. Have not been able to figure that out.I talked to Asus and they informed me I changed the communication settings when I re flashed the router and the problem is getting the printer set back up.The WPA menu in the router wants a PIN code I have no idea of what it could be.Any help would be appreciated.Paul
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there Paul and welcome

Can you follow the instructions here please.

What is gets you to do is connect to the printers own wifi network then you can connct it to the Asus wireless network. So use a laptop or smartphone, disconnect it from the Asus wireless and connect to the printers.

You want to choose WPA2 and you should have set the password ***** whrn you set up the wireless network again

Instructions are here

Let me know please how you go.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sometimes things that are obvious to tech people are not to the rest of us.I have seen these instructionsI do not know what disconnecting from the router means to you. I do not know wha connecting to the printer's wifi network means.I tried plugging the USB from the printer to my lap top and typing in the IP address to access the printer, I could not not get in.I'm adventurous but not very knowledgeable of networking issues. The router drove me insane yesterday.When I first installed the printer recently I was able to access the Printer through my router with my wireless laptop. The printer will not show up in my router menu now so I can not do that. The first thing I need to know is how to get the printer on screen so I can do anything. The instruction you sent do not define that process.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
BTW- the Pantum is showing up in my Mac WIFI connections along with my two router ports and all the neighbors routers.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, what you need to do is connect to that wifi network on the Mac, so join it like your joining any wireless network.

This is what is meant with disconnect from it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Richard,Please step aside, we are not clicking together and I do not understand your advice. I need more detailed instruction than you provide and I would like to try someone else.Thank you,Paul
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok Paul, No problem. Opting out