Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Trying to enter my home network password but my epson

Customer Question

trying to enter my home network password ***** my epson printer doesn't have the special $ key character
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: wf-3540, probably 4 years old or older
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: hit the special key option continuously but the $ key is not an option in the special characters list
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: nah, if I didn't have the $ character as part of my home wifi setup it would not be a problem at all, can't believe this printer doesn't have this character in it's list of characters
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Try to install the printer on your computer and while selecting wifi you can enter the password ***** your computer and that will take care of the issue.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I really didn't want to make this so complicated. Why would Epson not have this character as an option in it's special character list on the key board
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are you saying that the only way to do this is to remove my epson printer and re-install it. Isn't there a way to setup this wifi stuff on my computer for this epson printer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I really would hate to change my home wifi password ***** is recognized on a million devices in my home just because a printer doesn't recognize a special character.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are you still there?

you dont need to change the wifi router password ***** you do is install the printer on your computer and it will automatically pick the password ***** if not you can enter the password ***** your keyboard to sync with the router.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
enter the password ***** which keyboard - my printer's or my computer's?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As far as I know and understand my ways to fix this are:
1. change my wifi home password ***** using the $ key in my password
2. remove and re-install my printer and use my computer to link to my home wifi network and enter my home wifi password ***** my computer's keyboard
3. Is there a way to enter my home wifi password ***** this Epson's printer settings using my computer keyboard?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did you forget about me?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you charging me for this?

you can enter the password ***** your printer as well all you have to look for is to press which key to get special characters on your printer screen in that case.

Installing from a computer will be the easiest way to get the printer on a network.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I really feel that I should not be charged for your advice. I could have googled and found that out. I was getting ready to when the in-between person interupted me and offered help which led me to a support person. I don't need someone's help to remove and re-install a printer. All that I was asking for was why this epson printer keyboard doesn't have the $ special character option like a million devices today have. I really don't want to be charged $18 or $39 this case.

you have posted your question on a paid website service.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top of this page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.