Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

What does it mean when a screw driver is shown on top of

Customer Question

what does it mean when a screw driver is shown on top of settings?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'm attempting to print multiple copies of a document, theirs always a sheet printed before the actual document.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I cleaned the cartridges, aligned the sheet and the such. I don't know what the wrench or screwdriver mean when attempting to change settings. Confused. Hold Tight.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It depends upon what sort (brand, maker) of printer you have.

For Canon printers of modern manufacture and of the inkjet type, the screwdriver-wrench-spanner icon or image is just their choice of a picture to signify 'Settings' or 'setup for the inner workings of the printer'.

Is there any other indication that there is a problem?

With multiple copies, if a page is printed before all the copies, that is called a

'burst page'

or

'banner page'

and it is controlled by an option in your printing settings, or in your printer driver settings. Go into those settings, or Printer Propertes, or Printer Preferences (variously so called), and look for the burst page or banner page option, and un-check it, or disable it.

(If this answers your question in full, please rate my answer. Thanks.)