Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

WF 2650 just set up and drivers/firmware updated. Only

Customer Question

WF 2650 just set up and drivers/firmware updated. Only prints in cyan, black and white. New ink. Entire printer is new. Please advise.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
windows 10
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Thank you.

And did you download the drivers from epson directly? Or install them from the cd that came with the printer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
directly from Epson. Up-tp-date
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Ok, lets forget the computer for a minute.

Lets focus on just the epson printer. Please follow these steps, but DO NOt run any more cleanings.. You are just using ink at this point.

What are the results of the nozzle check test?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
black and cyan show uup
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Ok, for the other ink tanks that arent showing.

Lets try this.. remove all ink tanks besides black and cyan.

Then, unplug the machine from power.. wait a minute, then plug it back in and turn it on.

It should be asking for the missing ink tanks.. Insert one tank, wait a minute.. then turn the machine off and unplug it, then turn it back on and turn it on.

Wait a minute.. Now repeat for the remaining tank.

Once complete, try a nozzle test check again

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Same result. Nothing has changed. Frustrating as this is a new printer and I spent 3 days trying to solve another printer's issue (it is being returned {may have been a floor model)). This one should be brand new, never used.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a head cleaning kit with liquid and syringe. Should I try that?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well, leaving for now as wasting my time sitting here waiting. If have another idea, please let me know. Currently, printer is still in same condition.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

As far as the head cleaning kit.. A head cleaning would only help if there was ink clogged inside the printhead. ( and sometimes it helps if there was air in the printhead itself.)

Considering your printer is new, it hasnt had time for the ink to clog inside the printhead. It seems pretty clear at this point that you have a defective printhead.. I would contact the retailer and arrange to have the printer exchanged or refunded.

If they wont do so. epson does offer a 1 year warranty and will replace the device for you if you contact them