Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My canon printer was working after I got my new PC and

Customer Question

My canon printer was working after I got my new PC and Windows 10, but now I get an error when trying to print at home. I can however print at the office which uses the exact same printers I have at home.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the error message you are getting?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It just said "error" and I a printing wireless.
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

May I know the model number of your printer?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Canon MF4700 Series
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Please right click on Start button and select Control Panel. Select View Devices and printers from Control panel. Then, right click on the printer name and select Remove Device.

Then, click on Add a printer and check if it lists the Canon printer. select the Canon printer and add it. Then, try printing anything.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N