Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have Canon 9410 : it perform spelenshing job and nozzel

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have Canon 9410
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it perform spelenshing job and nozzel chk every time i print
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it waste lot time and ink
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: t perform spelenshing job and nozzel chk every time i print
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I also want to know can FIRMWARE software support in this problem. and how to run this FIRMWARE software tool?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The nozzle check it is performing with every print, is it a printout?

If so, that may be a feature you can disable. In the printer's driver settings, perhaps. It must be intended to warn you, if the printout is going to be printing out with a color missing... you would be able to see it in the nozzle check printout, and stop printing, and take care of the problem.

I don't think that's caused by Firmware. Probably by settings in the printer's driver on your computer; possibly by settings on the printer itself.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok. I will reinstall printer software in my computer. After this if the problem exists, what should I do. What is FIRMWARE tool. Is it Printer Unit software ? How can we run this software and also tell me the link of downloading this software for Windows 7

Firmware updates are:

releases of the printer's operating software, an update to the printer's internal operating software, which are newer than what was on the printer when the printer was sold.

They have certain hazards, be warned: a firmware update badly run can destroy a printer's function.

Also, do not download and use a printer firmware update from anyone but the manufacturer. Canon in this case. www.canon-asia.com, or www.canon.com would be the websites to seek such an update from, and no other website.