John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

My canon pixma mx920 is flashing a triangle with a lightning

Customer Question

my canon pixma mx920 is flashing a triangle with a lightning bolt in it. I have turned off the printer and turned it back on, but it keeps flashing.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Less than a year old. No it hasn't done this before
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just turning it off. I know it is low on some of the inks and I have replacements, but I can't get access to the cartridges in the printer.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Will this cost me money?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you please look at the top of the printer display screen, it should have an indication there with a specific error code/message, such as b200, 5c00, etc.

To your fee question, yes there is a cost for this, it is a paid support service.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.