WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

Canon printer mx892 error b200

Customer Question

Canon printer mx892 error b200
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 6 months ago.

The B200 error is showing up due to a malfunctioned print head.
Once thing you can try is to remove the ink cartridges, unplug the printer power for 10 minutes, plug back in, then re-insert the ink cartridges. If the error goes away, then the ink cartridges just needed to be re-seated.

Otherwise, the problem is due to the malfunctioned print head and will require a replacement print head. Check first to see if you printer is under warranty that way it can re replaced. They cost about $50 and sometimes better to purchase a new printer for close to that price. If you would like to purchase the replacement print head you can get one here:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/standard_display/support_pro/pro_service-parts

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you need additional help so I can assist further.

Also, please rate my answer below so I can get credit for my work.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did what was suggested and didn't fix problem
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 6 months ago.

Then problem is due to the malfunctioned print head and will require a replacement print head. Check first to see if you printer is under warranty that way it can re replaced. They cost about $50 and sometimes better to purchase a new printer for close to that price. If you would like to purchase the replacement print head you can get one here: