John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I was out of black on my 6700 Inkjet, so used a generic

Customer Question

I was out of black on my 6700 Inkjet, so used a generic black while waiting for my HP inks to turn up. It is now installed but I have lost my colour.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: HP Officejet 6700Premium
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It was working perfectly before black ran out. Thinking that my online purchase of HP inks was going to take a while (it actually took about four hours), I temporarily put a generic black into the appropriate place. It printed messily. I took it out and waited for the genuine HP inks to arrive. I inserted black, it went through the inking procedure. I printed a table two sided. It only printed hald of one side in black. The I deleted the job and it printed perfectly, but in black, on both sides.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Not really.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

We need to try a couple of things, a printhead cleaning.. Then a printhead alignment.

And then we need to check the printer driver and make sure its in greyscale.. So I can help you carry out those steps I need to know the following info.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.