WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

I have a Kodak EasyShare G600 printer Dock. When I purchased

Customer Question

I have a Kodak EasyShare G600 printer Dock. When I purchased it Quite some time ago it came with an Ink Cartridge installed. It appears the Cartridge may have been inserter backward. I tried to print some Photos 2 days ago and got a warning to Replace the Cartridge. I could not get the Cartridge out, because it was installed wrong and I could not remove slack on the cartridge. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. Thank You
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 6 months ago.

Because the cartridge was inserted backwards, the only way to get it out is to try and force it out.

They can be pretty stuck when inserted backwards.

Try to wiggle the cartridge back and forth and side to side to get it loose. It will take some force to get it out.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 6 months ago.

If that does not work, use a flat head screwdriver to pry the ink cartridge out. Be sure to hold the carrier down so you don't pop that off either.

Let me know if you can get it loose.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Also, please don't forget to rate my answer below so I can get credit for my work.

Thank you.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 6 months ago.

If you purchased the printer less than 1 year ago, you can get a replacement printer using the warranty.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It appears that this Cartridge can only be installed BACKWARD. What goe's with this????
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 6 months ago.

Try to follow this step by step guide to show you how the cartridge should be inserted.

The name "Kodak" should be facing up.

http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19553/~/clearing-a-cartridge-jam-in-a-g600-printer-dock---demo/selected/true

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 6 months ago.

Was the cartridge inserted the same way as in the link I sent you?