Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

My fairly new PC-800 just started beeping and telling me to

Customer Question

My fairly new PC-800 just started beeping and telling me to Cancel all print jobs, and remove any jammed paper. There is NO jammed paper. All inks are at least 20% or more full and I just replaced the Maintenance Cartridge with a new one. Have turned off and let sit for over a minute and turned back on several times.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This was the first image I tried printing today. I printed several images last week. Nothing has changed. I am a small one-man shop.
Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Tim, got any ideas?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tim, this thing has been working fine for months. I got it last fall. Just last week had to replace two ink carts with full retail because the factory shorts ran out. The maintenance cart was not overloaded, but I exchanged just to be neurotic. I only print Epson paper and Epson ink. The past month I've been printing 13x19 and 17x25 - the big stuff that doesn't tear off and clog the works.
Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

gotcha, and i'm sure you have had pulled the power on this unit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If it would be easier to call, your can use my(###) ###-####number. I'm right here. I did not pull the power plug, just the power switch. Should I try that now?
Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

Yes, pull the power, and plug it back in.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, done. It is going through it's start up now.
Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

please see if the errors go away.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Stan by, I'll try to print an image.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I sounds like a typical startup routine, let's see if it keeps printing.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It seemed to pull the paper in and could hear the print heads moving for a while. Then it beeped and gave me the same message Error 1440 and clear the paper jam.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, that is Error 0x1404
Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

hmm, i'm sorry, i am going to yield to others and let someone else assist you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. I'm trapped, eh?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

how large and how heavy is the paper?

will it feed normal 8.5 x 11 paper ?

either you do have something jammed in it at the part where the front edge stops. not necessarily paper but something that fell in and got stuck

or you may have something set wrong on the printer and it thinks that it is using different size paper so it blows an error when it doesn't hit the end where it expects to.

or the printer may have multiple exit paths and you need to use a direct path to use oversize paper and it got switched to the path that bends it back around.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks guys, but the problem is NOT paper or paper path related. It has to do with a faulty ink cart. Epson is sending me a replacement cart.
Thanks, ***** ***** think we are finished here.