VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have an EPSON WorkForce WF=3620 And I can' t get it to fax

Customer Question

I have an EPSON WorkForce WF=3620 And I can' t get it to fax 2 pages, HELP
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue. Please make sure that you have done the following:

• Make sure the recipient's fax machine is turned on and working.
  • Make sure paper is loaded correctly in your product.
  • Make sure Receive Mode is set to Auto so you can receive faxes automatically.
  • Check that the cable connecting your telephone wall jack to your product's LINE port is secure.
  • Print a fax connection report using your product control panel or fax software to help diagnose the problem.
  • Verify that the telephone wall jack works by connecting a phone to it and testing it.
  • If there is no dial tone and you connected the product to a PBX (Private Branch Exchange) phone line or Terminal Adapter, change the Line Type setting to PBX. If you still cannot send a fax, turn off the turn off the product's dial tone detection setting. (Turning off the dial tone setting may cause the product to drop the first digit of a fax number.)
  • If you connected your product to a DSL phone line, you must connect a DSL filter to the phone jack to enable faxing over the line. Contact your DSL provider for the necessary filter.
  • If your telephone line has static, turn off your product's error correction mode fax communication setting and try faxing again.
  • Try lowering your product's fax speed setting.
  • Make sure the error correction mode (ECM) setting is turned on if you are trying to send or receive a color fax.

Please try this first:

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd3/cpd39368/source/faxing/tasks/wf3620_7620/setup_fax_wizard_buttons_wf3620_7620.html