VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.

I have an EPSON WorkForce WF=3620 And I can' t get it to fax

Customer Question

I have an EPSON WorkForce WF=3620 And I can' t get it to fax 2 pages, HELP
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue. Please make sure that you have done the following:

• Make sure the recipient's fax machine is turned on and working.
  • Make sure paper is loaded correctly in your product.
  • Make sure Receive Mode is set to Auto so you can receive faxes automatically.
  • Check that the cable connecting your telephone wall jack to your product's LINE port is secure.
  • Print a fax connection report using your product control panel or fax software to help diagnose the problem.
  • Verify that the telephone wall jack works by connecting a phone to it and testing it.
  • If there is no dial tone and you connected the product to a PBX (Private Branch Exchange) phone line or Terminal Adapter, change the Line Type setting to PBX. If you still cannot send a fax, turn off the turn off the product's dial tone detection setting. (Turning off the dial tone setting may cause the product to drop the first digit of a fax number.)
  • If you connected your product to a DSL phone line, you must connect a DSL filter to the phone jack to enable faxing over the line. Contact your DSL provider for the necessary filter.
  • If your telephone line has static, turn off your product's error correction mode fax communication setting and try faxing again.
  • Try lowering your product's fax speed setting.
  • Make sure the error correction mode (ECM) setting is turned on if you are trying to send or receive a color fax.

Please try this first: