John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

What or where is the access point on my canon pixma mx472 :

Customer Question

what or where is the access point on my canon pixma mx472
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it was bought 2 years ago it has never printed
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ok. when searching it never lists my wireless nternet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: idts
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

The printer does not have, or is not, an access point.

When you go into the wireless settings on the printer, when you go into the printers setup menu, under wireless/wifi, it scans for available networks, and should find your own home network.

If it does not, that can be a range/signal issue, or a problem with your router or the printer itself.
When you go into wifi settings, what does it see/find?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what is the wps
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

WPS is another connection method. If your router supports it (many do not because it is considered unsecure), you would press and hold the WPS button on the router for about 5 seconds until it starts flashing, then on the printer you'd also choose the WPS option, and they will either connect directly, OR the printer would prompt you to enter the WPS pin, which would be printed on a sticker on your router.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.