John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon Maxify printer and am running Windows 10 on a

Customer Question

I have a Canon Maxify printer and am running Windows 10 on a Gateway desktop. My techie grandson installed the printer for me two weeks ago and it has been funning fine ever since. Today I turned the computer and the printer on and both responded. Computer works fine but when I try to print the printer says it is offline and will not print. The items are in the queue. I am not sure if he was running it off my wi fi or direct connect. There are two cables running to the printer - one is to the wall electrical outlet and is connected. The other is a gray colored cable running from the back of the printer to my modem. The modem is powered and online. My grandson is unavailable and I need to print something. Suggestions, other than throwing the X##@$$$ out the window (the printer, not my grandson?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 6 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

S H E F I N