Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a canon IPF8000s and keep saying there is an error :

Customer Question

Hello I have a canon IPF8000s and keep saying there is an error
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I bought is off someone
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: its been with me for a few months
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: the error number is *****
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Nathan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how can you help me today
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

That is NOT something you can simply reset or bypass. Service is actually required, and there is no getting around it. The printer will not function until it is serviced.

Specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. Being a machine that was presumably purchased used, I would have expected it to come with a working head, unless the seller stated otherwise. Replacing the head is an expensive undertaking, so if it was claimed to be in working condition, I would contact the seller to work something out with them.

If you'd like help finding parts to fix yourself, or a local authorized tech, I can assist with that.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?