Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers

Need to correct printer error OxF1 XP-420

Customer Question

Need to correct printer error OxF1 for printer XP-420
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Error 0xF1 is FATAL and it indicates that print head not being able to completely pass from the left to right side during startup. If anything is causing the print head to not travel completely from left to right during startup, this will cause the error code. Open the Printer cover and see if any plastic covers or tapes or paper pieces there obstructing the free movement of head. If so, remove them. Use a flashlight to check inside the printer.

Also take out the cartridge and put it back and check then. Turn off the printer, open the cover and gently push the head manually to left/right if it can't move freely. Don't push with excess force or it will break.

This is a mechanical problem not software glitch. If you don't find any plastics or other materials inside that is obstructing the head movement and if it still not working, then it is a hardware defect. If the printer is under warranty, then you can send it back to Epson and they will replace the parts or machine with new one.

I know this might not be the answer you want to hear and you are looking for a solution, but in this case I can only give you the reason of the problem and possible solution which will not work if this is mechanical fault.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, please don't rate me bad or poor. You don't have to rate anything and you can ignore the rating request if you are not satisfied. You can close this page without rating.