John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

The printer is showing locks on the general everyday

Customer Question

the printer is showing locks on the general everyday printing how do i unlock them
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its a HP Envy 5530 series and its 2 or 3 yrs old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: restatring the computer making sure that its online although it says off line in queue
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no thanks
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

ok, I'll see if someone else can help without remote assistance

Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I can help you with this.

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. And this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.