Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

Error 6000 . My printer is the MX870 PIXMA it will not

Customer Question

Error 6000 . My printer is the MX870 PIXMA it will not print. can you help >?
thanks, Richard
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, no
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

That number indicates a service error i.e a "Line Feed Error" which can be cause by many things. Usually this is caused by paper got jammed in the feed rollers, or debris or something is in the paper path like a paperclip or something that prevents the moving of roller. In some cases, this is also occurred by hardware issues which requires a replacement of the internal mainboard or roller or some other gears or components. This also happens if the gears inside the printer got out of sync which is common with printers.

Now let's try to clean it, this might not work but it is worth a try.

Open the cover of printer and see if the cartridge is moving itself. If so and when it placed in the middle, remove the cartridge and clean the metal contacts of the cartridge and also the seat of cartridge inside the printer using rubbing alcohol or qtips. (You can move the cartridge yourself with your hand to the middle, so you can remove them)

Then look for paper jam, tiny bits of papers, debris etc inside the printer and remove them if any. You can pull out paper pieces if they are jammed inside the printer.

After that turn off the printer for 5 minutes and also unplug it. This will reset the firmware which rule out software issues if any.

If it still not working, then I'm sorry. You have to send it back to Canon. I'm really sorry, this is something that we can't fix online if the above steps doesn't work for you. If the printer is more than 2/3 years old, then it is not worth to replace the components. You should get a new printer because it has more life for the components and you will get a fresh warranty where repairing doesn't give that.

I know this might not the answer you want to hear, but these kind of errors occurs due to hardware problems.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.