Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

On 05/20/16, I purchased a PIXMA mX922 Printer and I cannot

Customer Question

On 05/20/16, I purchased a PIXMA mX922 Printer and I cannot set it up. The CD that came with it will not play in my Player. It is Wireless with a Scanner, Copier, Fax & Printer. My PC and Printer are not responding to each other.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is***** we begin, I want to clarify that, we are not Canon, but I can help you to solve your problem. Please let me know if you want to continue or not ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
oh, I thought I went to the Canon Website. Ok, continue because I need my Printer. I used Just Answer before for a Lawyer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello what should I do?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** me, if you have wireless router present at home and do you know the username and password ***** that router ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No thank you. I have a WiFi through my service provided. Is that what you are talking about?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Yes, if you have a wireless service in your home then, there must be a wireless router present and if it is not present then, you cannot use the wireless feature of the printer then, you have to use the USB cable to connect the printer with the PC ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't think this was a good idea because I do not know how to find the Router. I do not know what to look for. All I have is the SSID num which he wrote down for me.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

If you have the SSID then, you just have to call them and ask the password ***** the router that, will be fine to connect the printer with the wireless network, will you be able to get the password ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have the password ***** which he also gave me.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm going to the bathroom, be right back.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sudipto I am back. So what now?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

OK, that's great!!, now open the link below and watch the video for the steps to connect the printer to the wireless network. After you finish connecting the printer with the router, let me know so that I can help you to download the printer driver and software from an online resource.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyiB34ZrtEI

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I cannot hear what the person is saying. My sound will not go up any louder.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Do you have tried to increase the volume ?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

I am going offline for the day, please let me know what happens and we will continue later, when I will be online again.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sudipto, I have a few questions for you. When and where am I suppose to put in the password ***** and when the guy keyed in the phone number what number was I suppose to key in?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Why did you pick this up if you were going home soon. That was not a smart thing for you to do. You should have passed me on to someone else. I am very unhappy about what you did and I will not be using this service again.I have questions concerning the Video and now there is no one to ask. I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. YOU HAVE MY PHONE NUMBER TO CALL ME WHICH YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.
I have waited for your reply but you have not replied me after you said that you cannot hear the sound of the video. So I thought that, you are busy and want to continue later. Anyway, the man in the video is not entering phone number after selecting the SSID .He is entering the password ***** the router.