Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I am Innocent. My machine makes horrible noise and would not

Customer Question

Hi, I am Innocent. My machine makes horrible noise and would not pick paper again.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: C353 is actually old. I can't guess 'cos I bought it 2nd hand.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Actually when I touch a symbol displayed on the screen, it shows P-9 and P-21
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Pls connect
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is it a buzzing noise like the one heard at about 0:45 onward in this video?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IafLVrzUNlg

The error codes relate to a serious malfunction, possibly in the imaging unit. Some offer a reset for the imaging unit as an attempted remedy, others say it requires some serious repairs to the machine.

P-9 is listed as Cyan imaging unit failure.

P-21 is listed as Color Regist. Test Pattern failure.

Here are the pages from the applicable service manual:

16.2.6

and

16.2.10.

The service manual for this machine might be very useful for this problem, esp. if it is severe and requires parts replacements. Here's a source to buy it from:

http://www.anyservicemanuals.com/downloads/konica-minolta-bizhub-c353-c253-c203-field-service-manual-ver-4-0/