John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I am using W-10 and trying to re-install a printer which

Customer Question

I am using W-10 and trying to re-install a printer which this machine has driven before but has lost it again (the original loss was when I upgraded from W-7) but the problem is (and was) more widespread - it will not recognise the existence of any peripheral connected to it. I have the installation apparently done and the printer selected as the default printer but that doesn't make it work. The first time when I was complaining to Google about something else I happened to mention the printer problem and the very next day the printer worked. I could try that again but if it is going to keep dropping the connection they could get fed up with me, I'd rather know how to fix it myself.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hello John. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this.

Would you consider allowing me to connect remotely to fix this for you?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I can also provide step by step detailed instructions for you and go slowly so you can follow along and make sure that you understand the process so you can fix it in future. However, I should first check to be 100% certain that this printer is compatible with Windows 10. Please give me just a moment to check that.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

John , this computer is not fully compatible with Windows 10. There is an excellent chance that if I install it in compatibility mode that it will work.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Our services are 100% guaranteed. If I am unable to get it to work properly by installing it in compatibility mode you may request a refund. If it does work well (and my research suggests that it will, I will provide detailed instructions for fixing the problem if it should occur again in the future

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I meant to say that th eprinter is not fully compatible with Windows 10. Do you still need assistance, John?