GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

How do I clear an error message from an Epson 4900 printer?

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. Can you tell me what the error message is please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
MAINTENANCE REQ - 0010
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for that information. This is an indicator that you need to call an Epson technician for routine maintenance. However, sometimes performing a deep cleaning in maintenance mode can correct the issue.

S Cleaning: Maintenance Mode 1 (Hold the Pause button at power on)

SS Cleaning has a strong ultra sonic component. The Piezo Elements internal to the Print Head are used to attempt to break up pigment particles that may be clogging the interior of the Print Head.

Use SS Cleaning when a Nozzle can not be cleared through normal cleaning.

Color Pairs on the Print Head (Listed Left to Right)

1. Cyan and Vivid Magenta
2. Photo Black (Matte Black) and Light Black
3. Orange and Green
4. Light Light Black and Yellow
5. Vivid Light Magenta and Light Cyan.

Pairs Cleanings in Service Mode: (Hold Enter/Down/Right buttons at power on)

There are four different levels of pairs cleanings for each color pair, in Service Mode. This cleaning method uses the least amount of ink Try the most gentle (level 1) cleaning first. .

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Please try this and let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have four printers with this message, and they are all working normally. I thought there was a way to clear the error message (like holding a button while powering it on). I will try putting the printer in Maintenance mode to see if that works
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Thank you. That very well may do the trick. Start in maintenance mode and see if there is a menu option to clear it, however, it is never a bad idea to do the deep cleaning from time to time on your printers, particularly if you are not having them regularly serviced.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Are you SURE that website address gantalinvestments.com.au? I ask because the website doesn't come up.

I have attached a screen shot of what I get when I search for it.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Please disregard. I answered on the wrong screen.