Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have an ESP 7200 I only use the black cartridge and it

Customer Question

I have an ESP 7200 I only use the black cartridge and it will not print today because it says I need a new color cartridge. I replaced this cartridge when I replaced the black one and now it needs a new one. Is there a way to go around this as I am in the middle of a report and do not want to have to leave. Is there a way to by pass this instruction ? Can I set all pages to print black and remove the color ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi there,

In some cases when you print or copy a document, the text may actually be a shade of gray rather than true black. In these cases, a combination of black and color ink is used to print the text. Also, if you print or copy black-and-white photos, a combination of color ink is used from the color ink cartridge to produce the correct gray scale.

Before you send the document to the printer, try choosing Black & White color option in the printer settings.

Let me know if you would like remote assistance with this?

Pete.