VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.

My Epson XP-810 leaves ink blobs on printed material. Can

Customer Question

My Epson XP-810 leaves ink blobs on printed material. Can you help me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you in resolving this issue. Please follow the steps below:

Cleaning the Print Head Using the Product Control Panel You can check the print head nozzles using the control panel on your product.

1. Make sure the CD/DVD tray is not inserted for printing.

2. Load a few sheets of plain paper in the product.

3. Press the home button, if necessary.

4. Press the left or right arrow button and select Setup.

5. Select Maintenance.

6. Select Head Cleaning.

7. Press the start button to clean the print head. You see a message on the LCD screen during the cleaning cycle. Caution: Never turn off the product during a cleaning cycle or you may damage it. When the cleaning cycle is finished, you see a message on the display screen.

8. Select Print Nozzle Check Pattern, then press the start button to run a nozzle check and confirm that the print head is clean. If you don’t see any improvement after cleaning the print head up to 2 times, leave the product on and wait at least 6 hours. Then try cleaning the print head again. If quality still does not improve, one of the ink cartridges may be old or damaged and needs to be replaced.