John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Canon MG 5729 Printer..I pulled the tape to get a look at

Customer Question

Canon MG 5729 Printer..I pulled the tape to get a look at the ink cartridges to see what number I needed to buy at the store...the tape pulled out of it's place and I don't know how to get it back in.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

When you say "tape", do you mean the thin plastic strip with little vertical lines on it, that runs the width of the printer behind the carriage assembly?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think that's it. There are two strips.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Okay, that is the encoder strip,

it should fit into a slot on either end (look at the attached side to see how it fits in), you just need to stretch it taut and hook it into place.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.