Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have a Fuji Xerox CM215 fw and the screen is showing

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a Fuji Xerox CM215 fw and the screen is showing 095-651 Code:(###) ###-####and I have restarted it several times, but the messages keeps coming up. What does this mean?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Normally this printer is only used by me in our office, but recently our main printer broke down, so three other people where using my printer, so I would have printed a lot of pages. When I came into work the following day, I was told about the error message and of course have not been able to use the printer since.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: So I think that it jut might have been too much printing for the printer to cope with.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi there

Please confirm the fault code - is it 095-651 or 092-651?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Fault code is 092-651

Ok, 092-651 means that a there is an error with the Colour Toner Density (CTD) Sensor.

Usually this is just caused by a buildup of toner on the sensor, and cleaning out any excess toner from the printer resolves this fault code.

Try cleaning it out with a vacuum cleaner and let me know if that works?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I haven't had time to give it a clean with a vacuum cleaner yet, but will hopefully try today and let you know if it worked.

Ok thanks for the update.

Let me know how it goes...

Pete.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi PeteI have tried the vacuum cleaner it it still says the same code. I assume that I will probably need to get someone in to clean it properly, would that be correct?Regards
Vanessa
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is my previous assumption correct?