Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have a Canon ipf8100 : When I turn it on, I get this

Customer Question

I have a Canon ipf8100
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I turn it on, I get this message:
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Multi sensor error off printer, wait a while, then turn you it on again.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Can you please restate your problem?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a can and I have PA 8100 connected to a Windows 7 computer. When I start the printer up, I get an error message. Multi sensor error. It says, turn the printer off, wait a while, and turn it back on again. It does this each time I start the printer, unless I am in service mode. When I am a service mode, I get a different error. Either 03130031-2F16 or 03130031-2F16, or it will ask me to load paper, and then not recognize that paper is in the printer. Additionally, it does not seem to be aware of when the lid is open, I say this because when I open the lid, it still asking me to open the lid.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a Canon ipf8100
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
03130031-2F16 or 03130031-2F26
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for the typos. I am using voice to speech, so that I can type faster.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  JKalman replied 6 months ago.

I am going to opt out of this question and give other expert an opportunity to help you. I specialize more in electrical problems than in mechanical problems.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 months ago.

I think that you need to get that repaired by an authorized service center. The error is saying that it's getting too many errors from too many sensors to display them.

That would seem to point to a bad chip.

As the printer costs upwards of $3000 it's worth the money to have it repaired correctly

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. I just ordered a new one. I'll see what it costs to repair it, and then sell it for parts or repaired, depending on potential ROI.

ok. sorry i couldnt have a simple solution for you but i am like 99% sure that it is a physical problem with the printer

If my answer at least helped save you time and make a decision i would appreciate if you would give me a good rating

Your rating is the only way that i can receive any credit from this website for my efforts.

Thank you :)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I do that?

There should be some stars on the top right that you can click to rate me. Or if you just put that you want to give me a good rating in your answer i can get it done manually