John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I was printing a 10 page document (color) and printer

Customer Question

I was printing a 10 page document (color) and printer stopped and indicated I should replace yellow, which I did, printer then st arted but said it didn't recognize new yellow (believe me it was a new Epson one). Now it won't start up and I get a error code 9x90. What is next?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: WF3520 maybe 2 years, not sure.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Printer screen sez error, turn off and on. I've done that couple of times. Help !
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 4 months ago.

Hello how are you? I am looking up that error but have not found anything for it, can you verify the error code? Also, please try to reseat the cartridge and ensure all the tape is taken off of it.