John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

On Win7 , Brother MFC-7360N stopped working. Won't let me

Customer Question

on Win7 , Brother MFC-7360N stopped working. Won't let me install driver from website. Says Wrong OS but its not.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Brother Software installer for MFC-7360N says "Cannot start application installer" when i try to run setup.exe in install/data/Disk1 it tells me wrong OS but I downloaded teh Windows 7, 64 bit package from
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Ive rebooted both machine and printer, removed the printer from the OS but now it doesnt see it or automatically try to install it when i reboot
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,