Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years

I am not able to print Black on My Brother MFC 5890CN :

Customer Question

I am not able to print Black on My Brother MFC 5890CN
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: printer
JA: Wrestling with printers can be a real pain. Fortunately, you've come to the right place. The technicians are great at fixing things, and I'm great at connecting you with the best "tech-spert" for the job. Have you tried to troubleshoot?
Customer: I have replaced the cartridge
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: but that does not help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I dont think so
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

I would like you to run a printhead clean please as this is the most common cause for this issue.

To do this, please follow the instructions on page 172 of the manual here under Cleaning the print head

Repeat up to 3 times if it does not resolve it the first run and let me know if it then prints black please.