Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I am trying to install the disc. It asks me to open it with

Customer Question

I am trying to install the disc. It asks me to open it with another application. I chose disc utilities. Then get a message that it cannot be opened with disc utilities. i try to open it with other but continue to get the message that it cannot be opened with disc utilities. how can i install the software??
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Joel

Is this the disk to install your Pixma MG 2500?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

The disk your trying to install may have an issue or be for windows, but you can download and install the installation instead.

Use my link below

http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100544101.html

Click download now, and once the file has been downloaded, run it and perform the installation which will install the printer on the Mac

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know please how you go.