Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My PIXMA Canon MG3220 double prints some lines - most at the

Customer Question

My PIXMA Canon MG3220 double prints some lines - most at the beginning of a document. Sentences/words/letters come out blurred due to "double" image. I've tried all cleaning and head alignment procedures.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dell LATITUDE E5450 laptop.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** you ignore the computer completely. And place a document on the scanner.

And then use the copy button on the printer itself to make a copy. ( dont use the computer at all for this )

Does the printed copy, still have the blurry lines and double prints?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still blurry.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

If you have extra ink tanks.. Try replacing the ink tanks, then running only an alignment . ( the cleaning uses a lot of ink and wont help)

if you dont have extra ink tanks.. You can get a used printer of the same model for around 34$.. http://amzn.to/1TPQxH0

A little less then the cost of new ink tanks. http://amzn.to/24fGZba

And since the printhead on this machine isnt user replaceable, that doesnt leave a lot of steps we can do when the alignment fails as badly as yours has.

As a last ditch effort, you could try removing your ink tanks.. And cleaning the electrical contacts on the ink tanks themselves, and also on the printhead where it reads the contacts on the ink tanks.

Then insert the cartridges again and run another alignment. If it doesnt improve, you either need a new printer, or new ink tanks.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here's my plan. Take the printer outside on my concrete driveway and pound the hell out of it with a sledge hammer! I'll make me feel better.I appreciate your help.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Id at least attempt manually cleaning the ink tank and printhead contacts by hand.

With some windex or rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth.. That could cure the alignment problem..

If it doesnt.. Ive found you get less kickback when you place the printer in the grass instead of the driveway, in case your swing pushes all the way through the machine and hits concrete. It can be jarring on the shoulders a bit..

D.S