WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

I have an Epson Work Force 3530 and I can't get the Error

Customer Question

I have an Epson Work Force 3530 and I can't get the Error Code OxFA code off of it. I have also unplugged everything and reconnected everything trying to clear it. Any Ideas?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The error code just showed up a couple of days ago and I did what it said about shutting off the printer to clear the code. I did that and it still shows the code OxFA. So it tells me to contact Epson.com and on their web page doesn't even show that error code in the F & Q section
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: nothing else that I can think of except that the printer will not go to the home position.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 7 months ago.

The error message indicates a paper jam. To fix the problem, unplug the printer power cable. Open the covers and remove any cartridges and look for loose paper. Use tweezers to pull the paper out or the eraser end of a pencil to move the rollers and get to the paper. Then use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 7 months ago.

Then plug the printer power back in try to print.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 7 months ago.

Don't forget to check the back panel as well for paper.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you need additional help and please rate my answer below.

Thanks