Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer
Experience:  Sr System Administrator at General Dynamics
92043526

Turned printer on it turned off retired twice third time

Customer Question

Turned printer on it turned off retired twice third time went bang now doesnt go. Is it a fuse .Where do I find the fuses in brotherDCP_J4110DW
Category: Printers
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 11 months ago.

When you say it went bang can you elaborate?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it made a bang and abit of smoky smell then that was it wouldnt go

Where was the bang/smoke from inside the printer or near the power plug?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no smoke just smell inside

Have you ever used the printer before? Was this the first time using it? How old is it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
have used it it is about 2 years old doesnt get very much use maybe once or twice a week a couple of sheets through it

If the burnt electronic smell came from the inside of the printer there is really nothing that can be done to fix it. You can try moving it to a different power plug in case there is something wrong with the one its plugged in to, but if something "banged", or more or less exploded, it is unlikely to be worth the cost to repair it over replacing it.

If there was a fuse it would have blown somewhere along the wire/transformer (the box on the power cord), but as this is not where the smell is coming from, it seems the damage was already done and even in the unlikely event there was a fuse, something has burnt out.

If you have any other questions please let me know. I am sorry I can not offer better advice but if the printer more or less blew up there is not much I can do to assist, and repairing it will cost more than just replacing the printer. If my advice was helpful, please give me a rating. If you have any other questions, please ask! Thank you!