John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

My Canon Ipf 9100 coming up with the E161-403F error code :

Customer Question

My Canon Ipf 9100 coming up with the E161-403F error code
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon replaced all it's internal organs about two years ago to get it back running(they really did). It's been working great since then, no head replacements needed. Never came up with this error before
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: It just printed three 4'x4' prints on canvas with no errors. They were printing for a total of about 2 hours
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 4 months ago.

That error does seem to be related to the print head, let me look into this further.

Have you tried to remove power for 5 minutes or so and see if that clears the error?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just tried that, same error came up.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there an easy way I can check the bottom of the print heads without doing a print head change out which uses a lot of ink?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Or a way to do a head cleaning in "service" mode since I can't even get to head cleaning on normal startup?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Never mind, I figured it out: startup in service mode, do a cleaning cycle, then restart printer