Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Epson WorkForce WF-2650: Receiving Scanner Error Code 11.

Customer Question

Have turned unit off then on 10 times. No change.
Unplugged unit from outlet several times then replugged. No change.
HELP!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you see anything else on screen? 11 is not a valid error code, it is usually something like 0xF1 for example.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nope. The message is "Error Scanner error 11. Turn the power off and on again. If the error is not fixed, contact Epson Support."
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello???
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Am I still connected to you?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are we still connected?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'll try again: The error message I get is QUOTE Error Scanner error 11.Turn the power off and on again. If the error is not fixed, contact Epson Support. UNQUOTE
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry I missed you earlier, Richard. When you send multiple replies they get lost in the queue so I didn't see any of these until now.

Thank you for the updated information,

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still on change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Luckily, this is a 2014 model, so depending on purchase date you should still be under the epson 1 year warranty, and can file a warranty claim to have them repair it.

Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim at that point if needed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Richard?