Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Trying to connect an iPad wirelessly to an hp later jet 1025

Customer Question

Trying to connect an iPad wirelessly to an hp later jet 1025 color printer. It used to hook up automatically, but now it won't even identify or locate the printer. Any Ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: hp lazer jet 1025 nw color - about 5 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: manufactured May 2011
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Youll need to rerun the network setup on the laser-jet printer, reconnecting it to your network.

And then, disconnect and reconnect the ipad to the same network, and then see if you can find the printer.

( also, it sometimes helps to unplug the wireless router for 1 minute, and then plug it back in. And do the same with the printer )

try those steps,l and let me know if anything changes, whether this works or not, or whether you need more help

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I rerun the network setup on the laser-jet printer? It has worked great for 5 years, so I haven't set it up in years.
Thanks!
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

All right.. Heres what we need to do.

scroll down this page till you see method 1 WPS setup. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02518011

Follow those steps to reconnect the printer to the wireless network. once its connected, connect the ipad to the same wireless network..

And you should be able to see and access the printer then.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I unplugged my airport wireless router for over one minute and the hp laser jet printer for over one minute and plugged them both back in. The printer reconnected to my mac desktop and I went into the printer settings and checked the box to share the printer with everyone. Now my iPad will find and print on the hp later jet 1025 color printer. It looks like all I needed to do was check the box to share with everyone.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Reconnecting the device to the wireless network through the reboot procedure for the router and printer was a solid step, its why I suggested it.

Glad to hear all is working, if you have further questions, let me know.

Dustin S.